This definitely contains at least one reason to increase turmeric in your diet. We often have “yellow rice pudding” for breakfast. Rice pudding with currants, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and turmeric. The kids love it and I do too. Not to mention that golden yellow goodness.
Here are 20 reasons why you should have turmeric in your diet!
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression…
View original post 141 more words